Last year, I celebrated my 28th birthday with family, friends and, more importantly, carrying life within. There’s some things that I’ve learned (well more like accepted and adopted) over the course of this year.
2. It’s OK if you DON’T even have a plan.
3. Change is inevitable. While it may also be uncomfortable, that doesn’t make it bad.
4. Don’t worry if you’re not where you want to be at this very moment. You’re exactly where your maker wants you to be.
5. If you don’t think you’re moving fast enough in accomplishing your goal, remember that success is a marathon, not a sprint. Learn from and enjoy the journey.
6. The things that are most valuable to me are FREE: quality time, moments/memories, experiences, and FEELINGS.
7. People won’t always understand nor agree with you. They don’t have to. It doesn’t make them right. It doesn’t make you wrong. Sooooo… (Proceed to #8)
8. You don’t have to share your vision and actions with everyone. Not everyone has your best interest at heart. Some will pray for you, some may prEy against you. Don’t allow outside sources to discourage or derail your efforts.
9. You don’t always have to suppress your feelings. This applies to family, friends, colleagues, pretty much anyone in your life. The beauty in love and relationships is the ability to be transparent and honest. Holding things in causes stress. Don’t cheat yourself. Those who matter won’t mind and those who mind don’t matter. Cliche, I know.
10. Everything doesn’t have to be perfect.
“It’s OK if the house gets messy at times Chalice. We have a newborn. / It’s OK if you don’t take Jax’s monthly photos on the EXACT day he was born each month Chal. He’ll be 6 months for 30 days. / It’s OK if you feel or look like you have a gut in that dress. It took your body 9 months to grow a human. Allow it that time to bounce back.
11. You can’t get mad if people don’t match your efforts in doing unto you as you would do unto them. We’re all cut from different cloths. Recognize your audience and approach accordingly. Don’t set your expectations too high.
12. Embrace and spread LOVE. Life is too beautiful and spontaneous not to. It just feels sooooo good. Oooo!
13. No matter what curve balls are thrown your way, catch those bad boys and keep it moving. Learn how to “make do with what you have chile!”
I love y’all and thank y’all for reading. Here’s to 29!